30 Great Conversation Starters to Have With Your Kids
I find kids love hearing stories from when I was a kid, even the most reluctant talker ends up engaging in conversations like these. Choose one, choose them all, but these are a great way to get the conversations going!
1. When I was a kid my best friend was ____________. What made them my best friend was the way he/she_____________________. What do you look for in a friend?
2. When I was a kid what I loved about summer was________________. What do you love about summer?
3. What I love about fall is_____________. What do you love about fall?
4. What I love about winter is____________. What do you love about winter?
5. What I love about spring is______. What do you love about spring?
6. What I love about summer is_________.What do you love about summer?
7. My proudest moment in elementary school was_________. What are you most proud of during those years?
8. My proudest moment in high school was_________? What are you most proud of during your older years?
9. My favorite school subject was________. What is your favorite school subject?
10. The subject I hated in school was___________. What is your hardest subject?
11. In one word friends would describe me as_________. How would your friends describe you?
12. The best memory I have of spending time with my mom while I was growing up is the time we_________. What is one way you would love to make a memory with me?
13. The best memory I have of spending time with my dad while I was growing up is the time we______________. What is one way you would love to make a memory with your dad?
14. The best memory I have of spending time with my siblings while I was growing up was the time we________. What is one thing you would love to do with your siblings to make a memory?
15. My favorite family vacation was___________. If we could take a family vacation anywhere, where would it be?
16. When I was in first grade I thought I would grow up to be a_________. What was your dream job in first grade?
17. When I was a kid my favorite place to be, my special place was_____________. Where is your special place?
18. My favorite ice cream flavor is__________. What’s yours?
19. A food I used to hate but that I now love is____________. What food have you learned to like?
20. My most embarrassing moment has been when___________. What’s yours?
21. My favorite book of all time is____________. What’s your favorite book?
22. My favorite thing to do in my free time when I was a kid was_______.How do you like to spend your free time?
23. The first time I accomplished something that I never thought I could do was when I________. What would you love to accomplish that seems out of reach to you now?
24. Three things I can still hear my mom tell me are__________. What are three things I have told you that stick in your head even now?
25. Three things I can still hear my dad tell me are__________. What are three things dad has told you that stick in your head even now?
26. My favorite place to visit is__________. What is your favorite place?
27. The worst job I ever had was______ because________. What has been the worst job you have ever had to do?
28. The first movie I remember ever seeing was________. What is the first movie you remember seeing?
29. The most embarrassing thing my mom ever did was________. What have I done that has embarrassed you?
30. The most embarrassing thing my dad ever did was______? What has dad done that has embarrassed you?
The next time you have a few moments to spend with your child, try going through these questions and learn a bit more about each other.
Latest posts by Jennifer Roskamp (see all)
- How to Create a Thanksgiving to Remember - November 21, 2015
- Low-Fat Banana Bread Recipe - November 6, 2015
- 10 Lies the World Wants Your Teen to Believe About Being a Teen - September 9, 2015