Black Bean Salsa
This recipe originally came from my gourmet cooking sister. In fact, we are having her enchiladas tonight because we love to put the salsa overtop. The enchiladas are fine without it, too, but it is so tasty as a topping.
I have modified the recipe to feed my large bunch, and the leftovers only get better as they sit and meld together. This is also equally tasty eaten with tortilla chips as a dip. Otherwise you could do what I do at times and just eat it in a bowl with a spoon. Yes, it really is that good!
For this recipe you will need:
- 3 avocados
- 4 roma tomatoes, or 2 regular tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 15 ounce can of corn
- 2 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup oil, can be olive oil, canola, or vegetable oil
Chop all ingredients into bite size pieces in any order, but put the lime juice in immediately following the avocados to keep them from browning. Add the taco seasoning and dressing packet next, finally, add the oil.
You can modify these ingredients according to your own taste. For instance, we love black beans so we use 2 cans, but you could use only 1. You could also eliminate anything you don’t like, cilantro is an acquired taste, so you could eliminate that, too. Just make it as you like it, but as long as you have the same amount of “stuff” going in the seasonings and liquids should work out fine.
Latest posts by Jennifer Roskamp (see all)
- How to Create a Thanksgiving to Remember - November 21, 2015
- Low-Fat Banana Bread Recipe - November 6, 2015
- 10 Lies the World Wants Your Teen to Believe About Being a Teen - September 9, 2015