Too Many Parties and Not Enough Dime?
If you’ve got teen and tween daughters, you have parties to contend with. Whether she’s going to Bat Mitzvahs or homecoming or sweet 16’s or even if she’s graduated to PROM!, at some point you’re going to have to dole out dollars for a dress (or ten) for her. And while one isn’t bad, if she’s on the party circuit you could easily go broke buying a different dress for each event.
But what if we told you that you didn’t have to? What is we told you there was a site for teens and tweens similar to Rent the Runway? You’d be pretty excited is what we think!!
Let us introduce you to Charlotte’s Closet.
When yet another party invite arrived for her 12-year old daughter Charlotte, Jen Forman was overwhelmed just thinking about how much money she would have to shell out to find a dress stylish enough for her young fashionista – one she knew Charlotte would most likely only wear once.
Charlotte’s Closet is the premier spot for borrowing unique, designer dresses for up to 75% off their original price. The brand is committed to helping tweens and teens find their dream dress for every special occasion, at an affordable price that parents will love. Whether headed to a bat mitzvah, sweet 16, prom, formal, graduation or school dance, they’ve got you covered.
Charlotte’s Closet will constantly be updating their inventory and building relationships with established and up and coming designers to give customers with the latest and greatest party pieces.
We had the chance to chat with Charlotte’s Closet founder, Jen Forman and we’re all so in love with this concept and it couldn’t be easier to borrow your daughter’s next dress.
How simple is it? As simple as 1, 2, 3, 4!
1) Discover! Go to Charlottes-Closet.com and find the dress that’s appropriate for the occasion and choose your size. Added bonus… If you live in or around the New York City area, you can even visit the closet and try on dresses to your little heart’s content!!
2) Borrow! Select your event date and pick two sizes (one is FREE!) to ensure the perfect fit. Your dress will arrive two to three days prior to your event.
3) Wear! Get the perfect accessories and shoes to go with your outfit.. have the time of your life and make sure you take TONS of pictures – Charlotte’s Closet LOVE to share your photos!
4) Return! Pack it up in the original box, attach pre-paid UPS label provided and send it back. No dry cleaning or waiting in line required!
Please tell us how much simpler it can be??
We had the chance to test it out for the 8th grade dance and it was honestly easier than dress shopping at the mall. My 13-year-old is pretty conservative and not a huge fan of wearing dresses in general and she absolutely loved, loved the experience and fell in love with her dress as soon as she saw it. Check out the video of our experience:
Charlotte’s Closet also has an ambassador program for the fashionistas in the world who love to look good and let the world know while they’re doing it!! Make sure you sign up for their email newsletter to stay on top of the latest trends and specials! And of course, follow Charlotte’s Closet on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
Right now, you can get 20% off your first rental which will come in handy with prom right around the corner.
Speaking of prom.. you’ll want to stay tuned because we have something VERY special planned to help your teens celebrate prom!!
Disclaimer – We were provided with a rental to evaluate Charlotte’s Closet. All opinions are our own.
Latest posts by Kristen Daukas (see all)
- Summer Recipes – Fresh from Your Local Farms and Harris Teeter - July 9, 2015
- Watermelon-Jalapeno Salsa - July 5, 2015
- Summer Squash and Zucchini Tart - July 5, 2015