So you’re interested in writing for Ten to Twenty Parenting?
You’ve got stories to share about raising teens and tweens and we want to share them – we’d love to have you writing for our readers!
Here are a few guidelines for writing for Ten to Twenty!
Your title should be less than 75 characters and quickly summarize your post. Make it catchy yet relevant.
As you are probably aware, our readers are people involved with the raising of children between the ages of 10 – 20 (catchy, huh?). You are writing for them, not necessarily the teenagers. While the majority of the topics are about parenting, we love to see article about the adults, too.
Topics to consider are:
- School work/college
- Parenting (traditional and non-traditional families)
- Drugs and alcohol (prevention and awareness)
- Family life
- Being part of a sandwich generation (caring for kids and elder parents)
- Health and fitness
Guest Posts –v- Contributing Author:
What’s the difference? Guest posts tend to be one-time contributions or infrequent contributions. Contributing authors write on a frequent basis, have an author bio page on our site, and can post directly through the site. In order to be considered to be a contributing author, you should commit to four posts in a month.
- Posts should be casually written but with intent. We understand there is always a personal element to a story, but we ask that it’s only part of the bigger picture and leads to a lesson learned or guidance and/or advice. They should also not be location specific as our audience is national. Major events and conferences are the exception to that.
- Posts should be at least 300 but no more than 800 words. If you really have a lot to write, consider making it 2 posts!
- Please include a picture that you are authorized to use
- Please include your contact information, your web address, a brief bio and ideally a photo as well as how you would like your byline to be written (i.e. just your name, your name and your website, etc.).
- Please make sure that you have edited your post for grammatical errors before you send it to us.
- If you are a company or brand who would like to send an article, please follow the same guidelines as above. However, your post should NOT be an advertorial. If you are interested in a sponsored post or advertorial, please contact us for rates.
- Links should be relevant to the author or post. Due to the number of requests we get, we will NOT publish posts that are loosely based on the topic and have links to businesses. For example, you write about what kind of cars are best for teens but your link in your bio goes to a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles. Google doesn’t like that and neither do we.
Please note, we reserve the right to edit your image, title and content however, we will do our best to keep the article in its original content. We will contact you within 5 business days to let you know if we are going to use your article and if so, when it will run.
To submit an article, please email everything to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!