There is an interesting statistic about marriage and divorce out there that says couples who have daughters have a higher percentage of divorce rate than those with sons. As the mother of three daughters, according to this statistic, this makes me 10% more likely to get divorced. This is on top of the already high 50% divorce rate.
Now, before you go spouting off at the mouth the “obvious” reasons (drama, hormones, all those women, etc.) that this rate exists, listen to the reasoning they gave:
- 75% of the time, it’s the woman who initiates the divorce
- Mothers of daughters are more likely to leave a bad marriage so that the daughters do not grow up thinking that is the way a marriage should be
- Daughters offer more companionship than sons (don’t shoot the messenger) and thus, mothers tend to feel they need a husband less
- Men/Fathers have more “sticktoitiveness” when it comes to sons than daughters
What are your thoughts on this.? And remember.. I did not write the report or the statistics, I am just repeating the report!
Latest posts by Ten to Twenty (see all)
- 25 Household Hacks to Make Your Life Easier - November 10, 2017
- Looking for Answers on Keeping Track of Your Kids Online? - November 15, 2016
- Why Mindful Eating as a Family Is so Important - September 27, 2016