Talking With Your Daughter About Yeast Infections
We participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Monistat. We received a product and promotional item to thank us for our participation.
You know when you’re in a conversation and suddenly someone offers up a juicy little tidbit that maybe reveals a little bit too much about them? Most of us refer to that as TMI – too much information.
However, if you’re the mom of a teenage daughter, there’s a time when you NEED to have TMI and that’s when it comes to things like the changes in her body and this little thing called yeast infections.
Did you know that 3 out of 4 women will develop a yeast infection at some point?
Yeast Infections are not fun to get and a topic that most of us only want to talk about in our closest circle of friends. As adults, we know that they’re really not that big of a deal -more of a minor inconvenience that can be handled by a quick trip to the drugstore. But imagine being 15, getting one and having NO clue what’s going on!
Monistat wants you to share with your daughters the facts about yeast infections such as:
- They’re NOT caused by sexual intercourse
- They’re NOT caused by laptop heat
- They’re NOT contagious
- They CAN be triggered by your period, birth control pills, antibiotics and some illnesses.
- You CAN’T cure them with home remedies like eating yogurt
- But you CAN cure them without a prescription!
Most of us have trusted Monistat when we’ve gotten yeast infections and now it’s time to talk to your daughter about what to do should she get one herself. You can check out the great pool of resources that Monistat’s created to get more ideas and tips of what to say to convince your daughter that it really is no big deal and we’re going to make it even easier for you and give you a couple of different coupons you can use so that you can have supplies on hand just in case you need it!
Now for the best part!! The folks at Monistat are letting us give one reader a prize pack that has 3 different full size products, a great storage bag and a 2gb flash drive – perfect for back to school!!
Enter to Win a #TimeForTMI Gift Pack!!
Latest posts by Ten to Twenty (see all)
- 25 Household Hacks to Make Your Life Easier - November 10, 2017
- Looking for Answers on Keeping Track of Your Kids Online? - November 15, 2016
- Why Mindful Eating as a Family Is so Important - September 27, 2016