Helping to stop cyber-bullying
When Galit Breen wrote an article on her 12th anniversary about the the things that married women know, she never thought it would turn into a vicious commenting cycle where all people talked about was her weight. So Galit wrote another article – this time for xoJane and took the negative commenters to a bit of a battle and that response exploded with support for Galit and all she’d endured.
Then, Galit took it one step further and decided that kindness and proper internet behavior is something that can (and should!) be taught to our kids and thus, Kindness Wins, was born. In this book, Galit helps parents navigate and teach their kids the way to behave online and subsequently, off line in a world where people can hid behind screens.
In this podcast, you’ll learn
- How to recognize if your kids are being bullied or are bullying
- How to talk to them about proper online etiquette
- What Galit thinks now of the people who body-shamed her
- Simple tips to make everyone’s online lives happier and safe
You can listen either here or on iTunes or Stitcher. We’d love if you’d give us a review on iTunes as it helps other parents find out podcast!
Links from the Podcast:
Galit’s site – These Little Waves
Kindness Wins – Order your copy!!
Bee on Your Way Travel – BeeOnYourWay.com
Latest posts by Ten to Twenty (see all)
- 25 Household Hacks to Make Your Life Easier - November 10, 2017
- Looking for Answers on Keeping Track of Your Kids Online? - November 15, 2016
- Why Mindful Eating as a Family Is so Important - September 27, 2016