If you’re moving out of the elementary school age and have had that moment where you look at that precious child and thought “who in the world are you and what have you done with my sweet child?!” then you need to come to the Parenting Boot Camp on March 16th. In order to accommodate the entire Triad, we picked a central location right off of I40. Seating is limited to 65 people and details on how to win a ticket are at the end!
When M hit middle school, we got our clocks cleaned and I am not exaggerating. We were not ready for the work load of school, the mean girl and other social issues and let’s not even discuss the body and hormone issues. Holy cow. Where was all the advice now that I REALLY needed it? Every stage of parenting has its challenges but the issue with this stage is suddenly, that precious toddler is now a precocious tween and trust me – you thought your patience was tested before?
So to save you some angst, I have joined forces with my friends over at Triad Moms on Main and Blanca Cobb from TruthBlazer to bring you FIVE speakers on topics that are really relevant to parents as they begin the travels into the world of tweens and teens. We’ll cover topics such as:
- Helping You – and Your Teenager – Navigate the Dating Years, by Dr. Kathleen Coman, Clinical Psychologist with Conerstone Health Care.
- Raising Confident and “Bully-Proof” Kids: Building Self Esteem and Healthy Body Image in Young Men and Women, by Allison Chapple, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Seeing Through Your Teens Lies, by Blanca Cobb, Lie Detection and Body Language Expert, and founder and president of the NC based TruthBlazer
- Smart Phone, Confused Parent. What are the Hot Sites for Teens and Tweens Today?, by Kristen Daukas, managing director of Social Media at Atlantic Social Media Group as well as the founder of Ten to Twenty Parenting.com
- The Parents’ Toolbox: Academic Issues and Solutions, by Dr. William Sloan, Administrative and Clinical Director of Sloan Academics, Inc.
You can’t ask for a better line up of topics and speakers in a half day conference. Best part? It’s only $25 if you get your tickets before February 28th and if you don’t? It’s only $35. Plus that includes lunch AND swag bags from our awesome sponsors.
I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want to attend this.. I can’t stress enough that you will NEED this information – believe me! You have no idea what you’re in store for. It’s a wild, wild ride.
So if you’re in the Triad – you can get your tickets by clicking HERE. If you’re not, you can help me out by still putting the info out there.. who knows.. maybe we’ll take it national next year!!
I’d also like to offer a HUGE thanks to the sponsors that are helping us keep the cost of the conference down for everyone. Make sure you check them out – they deserve it!
Now the bonus part! We’re giving away a few tickets between now and March 15th! All you have to do to be eligible is like our Facebook page and leave a comment and tell us the biggest parenting challenge you’ve faced with this age group OR the one you’re must unsure about. We’ll randomly select 4 of you and will announce the winners on our Facebook page (so you need to LIKE us there, too!)