Steps to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse – Podcast
Laura Landgraf joins us in this week’s podcast to discuss ways parents can help prevent their child falling prey to sexual abuse.
In this podcast, Kristen and Laura discuss:
- An introduction to Laura’s story and her mission to end child sexual abuse
- Prevention is the best course of action—Things to teach your child so they feel empowered about their own body and how protect it and setting appropriate boundaries
- The telltale signs all parent’s should know about molestation—What clarifying questions a parent might ask to determine molestation
- If the worst happens–How a parent can handle a child’s disclosure of molestation
- How to report child sexual abuse—dealing with agencies and also preparing for family and community responses
Listen using the player above or better yet – SUBSCRIBE on either iTunes or Stitcher using the buttons below and listen when and wherever you want!
Links from the show:
Lara’s site – http://lauralandgraf.com
About Laura: Laura Landgraf is an author, activist, speaker, and life coach. Her mission is empowering women and men who survived childhood abuse. In the process, she believes we protect our children. She encourages her audiences to question, reach, journey to self-discovery, believe in themselves and soar. She has worked with the Victim’s Assistance Program in Southern California, led adult support groups for the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and trained college staff psychologists in child abuse patterns, crisis intervention methods and brief therapies. For more information, please visit http://lauralandgraf.com.
Latest posts by Ten to Twenty (see all)
- Why I Hate Summer Reading Lists - July 8, 2019
- Summer Activities for Tweens and Teens - July 6, 2019
- Looking for Answers on Keeping Track of Your Kids Online? - June 21, 2019