A lot of parents struggle with social media and technology when it comes to their tweens and teens. In this podcast, Dorien Morin-van Dam and our Editor, Kristen Daukas, discuss the pros and cons of it as well as how to handle schools who only use devices to teach in classes.
Topics we discuss include:
- What age do parents really let their kids on social media
- Is 13 still too young, developmentally, to be on social
- How to handle when kids misuse phones, computers and social sites
- Schools who are moving to BYOD (bring your own device) to teach classes
- How to deal with BYOD if you’ve taken their phones
- and more!
Listen using the link above or better yet – SUBSCRIBE on either iTunes or Stitcher using the buttons below!
About Dorien and where to find her!
“As the manager of 4 kids, 3 dogs and 1 husband, multitasking is my middle name. I am a marathon runner, avid reader, banana bread baker and world traveler.”
Latest posts by Ten to Twenty (see all)
- 25 Household Hacks to Make Your Life Easier - November 10, 2017
- Looking for Answers on Keeping Track of Your Kids Online? - November 15, 2016
- Why Mindful Eating as a Family Is so Important - September 27, 2016