Texting is Vexing & Perplexing!
Five years ago when my kids got their text features installed on their mobile devices, I was baffled. “Who purchases a telephone to write a note?” I questioned. Alexander Graham Bell would be turning over in his grave!
But now I get it. There’s an avoidance benefit to texting. Say what you want to say and then poof, disappear! And a “gotcha last” advantage. Plus, there’s always this justification — “I must’ve misunderstood your tone.”
Without further ado, may I present a peek into the Text Messages of a Mom (in the sandwich generation!) during the course of a typical week. Please tell me this resembles your communications.
1. We’ll start with my 16 year old – – needs no further explanation.
2. My Ex-Husband is still trying to move on. I once wrote a dating profile for him right here.
3. My 21 year-old son
4. In the middle of all this, I had a thoroughly delightful conversation with my younger kid’s teacher.
5. And then my own mother. . . she’s 72. Oh, and we’re Jewish. Need I say more?
6. So of course I had to do the right thing. Hmmph.
7. Naturally my “friend” Tiffany gave me lots of “empathy.” You can read more about Tiffany HERE.
8. And the other 21 year-old son now. (Yep, twins)
9. My own Mother once again texted (obviously recovered enough to get out and about) so I decided “if I can’t beat ‘em, then I would join ‘em!”
10. And I’ll close with another text between my teenage daughter (miraculously not about shopping) – – I initiated it this time!
So there you have it – – My Racy Text Life. And how’s yours these days???
Latest posts by Stephanie Lewis (see all)
- Never “Toy” With Older Women! - May 4, 2015
- “Is That Even A Thing” At Our Age? (New Mid-Life Slang!) - March 6, 2015
- Do Opposites Really Attract? Maybe if You Have Magnetic Personalities… - February 25, 2015