I Am That Mom
Are You That Mom?
- I am that mom who bribes her children at times
- I am that mom who sometimes uses electronics to keep my kids out of my hair
- I am that mom who hides candy or the really good cereal so I can enjoy it all on my own
- I am that mom who yells at my kids
- I am that mom who takes “dirty” laundry and refolds it as though it is clean since I know it’s not actually dirty
- I am that mom who has fallen asleep while teaching school
- I am that mom who skips pages in a book to get to the end quicker
- I am that mom who fed my children cereal for dinner, more than once
- I am that mom who forgot to pick my child up from practice
- I am that mom who used some bathroom paper towel for a diaper insert when I forgot one while out and about
- I am that mom who forgot to bring a birthday treat for a child’s birthday
- I am that mom who forgot it even was my child’s birthday until the wee hours of the birthday morning
- I am that mom who forgot to be the tooth fairy
- I am that mom who sometimes pretends not to hear a child’s question for the umpteenth time
- I am that mom who made up an excuse to not do something for my kid, just because I didn’t want to do it
So if you find yourself being “that mom” with your own laundry list of less than admirable qualities and actions, know that you are not the only “that mom” around. Know that your “that mom” moments don’t define you as a mom, just as they don’t define me.
Do you have a “that mom” experience you’d like to share?
Latest posts by Jennifer Roskamp (see all)
- How to Create a Thanksgiving to Remember - November 21, 2015
- Low-Fat Banana Bread Recipe - November 6, 2015
- 10 Lies the World Wants Your Teen to Believe About Being a Teen - September 9, 2015