Generally, kids lose their baby teeth before they are 12 years old. But, what to do if a baby tooth fell out but the root still in? What you can do in such a situation is save the tooth if the broken tooth’s root is still in the gum. When the tooth fell out but the root is still in, you can hold the tooth back into its place and visit a professional dentist without any delay.
However, this process requires a thorough investigation. You should know how you can hold the tooth so that it can’t harm your child. You have to be very, very careful in such a situation to save your child’s tooth. So, stay tuned and know what you can do when a broken baby tooth root is still in the gum. Let’s start.
What Is The Danger When Extracting Baby Teeth With The Remaining Roots At Home?
- If you try to pull out your child’s teeth and see that the tooth fell out but the root is still in, you have nothing to worry about. The human body is made in such a way that it can destroy the root completely. Also, it will not harm the new tooth.
- Dentists also suggest that you do not need to scrap the root of the baby teeth or milk teeth. If it is not scraped properly, the deliberate may remain in the gum. Therefore, it can harm the new teeth and damage them permanently.
- However, when a a baby tooth fell out and root still in, it can be a potential risk for kids. If it is not scraped properly, bacterias can grow in the oral cavity. Especially, if the root is cut and blood flows, bacterias can grow faster. It can lead to a severe tooth infection.
- A severe tooth infection can lead to septic shock, sepsis, multi-organ failure, etc. On the other hand, it can be a life-threatening issue. Sometimes, the condition may get worst in kids who have a low immune system, type 1 diabetes, or congenital heart diabetes.
- As there are so many dangers involve in extracting a broken baby tooth at home, you should visit a professional dentist to avoid any complications. The dentist will re-check the kid after the bleeding stops. The dentist will do an x-ray to ensure that there should not be any danger in the future.
How To Solve When Extracting Baby Teeth With Tooth Roots Left
- When a rotten tooth fell out but the root is still in, its solution can vary, depending on the severity of the situation. If the doctor ensure that the remaining tooth in the gum will niot affect the kid’s body in the future, you should not worry then. In such a situation, the dentist will only examine the roots without any intervention. The moment a permanent tooth grows up, the body reactions can automatically promote the termination of the baby teeth or the milk teeth.
- Now, in case the remaining tooth is the reason for some inflammatory complications, the dentist will monition the situation with active interventions, thus avoiding the infection from spreading.
- Your kids may have to take prescribed antibiotics, kid’s pain relievers, and anti-inflammatary pills if he or she has fever. Also, the dentist will tell you how you will be able to monition and take care of your child at home.
- In such a condition, you child can suffer from tootache. So, make sure you give him or her liquid and soft foods or milk.
- Visit the dentist again if you see that the swelling becomes painful and spreads to face, and your child is suffering from a high fever.
- Your dentist may recommend you a minor surgery for your child to remove the remaining tooth in the root.
- To make sure the oral health of your kid, visit the dentist’s clinic for a regular check-up.