A lecturer at the Wellcome Trust Centre examined 33 “healthy and neurally normal” 12 to 16-year-old adolescents. The range of their IQ scores was 77 to 135, with an average of 112. After four years, the same group retook the IQ exam.
What Is The Normal Range For IQ?
IQ or intelligence quotient is a standardized way for determining a person’s mental aptitude, typically relative to their peers.
Between 90 and 109, IQ values suggest typical or average intellect. Individual adult scores often fall between the range of 70 to 130, with 100 representing the theoretical mean.
Above 130 indicates a better score than the average population, while below 70 indicates a lower score than the typical population.
According to statistics, the average IQ for each age group can be interpreted as follows:
- The average score for 16- to 17-year-olds is 108, which indicates normal intelligence.
- The average IQ score for adults aged 18 and 19 is 105, indicating normal intellect.
- The average score for individuals between the ages of 20 and 24 is 99, which indicates normal intellect.
- The NORMAL score for those between the ages of 24 and 34 is 97, which still indicates average intellect.
- The scores begin to rise again among older persons after this age. For instance, the predicted mean score for individuals between the ages of 35 and 44 is 101, which is still within the normal range on the intelligence scale.
- On the normal intelligence scale, the average IQ score for individuals between 45 and 54 years old is 106.
- On the IQ scale, persons between the ages of 55 and 64 had the highest average score for those younger than 64, with a score of 109.
- People between the ages of 65 and 69 have an average IQ of 114, placing them in the superior or above-average range. Those between the ages of 70 and 74 who take an IQ test achieve another even higher average score of 119.
Is A 120 IQ Good?
A score of 120 on the IQ test indicates above-average or excellent intelligence.
A score of 100 is considered the typical IQ, and anything beyond that indicates a person’s intelligence is above average for their age. The IQ is based on a statistical formula that takes into account the average IQ of the population.
Consequently, IQ values are not determined for an individual in isolation. The IQ of a person cannot exist in isolation. The IQ score indicates how a person’s performance compares to other individuals of the same age.
Average IQ Of A 12-year-Old
The scores of 110 to 119 are above average. Many schools consider an IQ of 125 to be “gifted.” Scores of 120 to 129 are exemplary. And scores above 130 are considered Exceptional. IQ scores are determined by comparing a person’s test performance to those of the same age.
Highest IQ For A 12-Year-Old
After earning an astounding 162 on the IQ test, a Bristol, England schoolboy of 12 years old is now among the world’s smartest children. It is the highest score achievable for people under 18 and is higher than Albert Einstein’s estimated IQ of 160.
Recommend: What Is The Average IQ For An 11 Year Old
How Could I Increase My IQ Level?
While IQ is frequently used to evaluate a person’s cognitive abilities, it is, of course, not entirely dependable. Because intelligence is an abstract concept that might have different meanings for different people.
The scores do not reveal all facets of an individual’s intelligence. Still, as it is one of the most extensive exams available, we all wish to achieve the highest possible score. How do you achieve this?
Here are a few basic suggestions that may raise your intelligence and brainpower.
Engage In Gaming And Puzzle Solving
Corporate trainers begin post-lunch sessions with games and puzzles to combat the sleep-inducing effects of a hefty meal. This is since games and puzzles sharpen and stimulate the mind.
Do Exercise As A Habit.
Exercise increases the delivery of oxygen, glycogen, and nutrients to the brain. According to research by the National Institutes of Health in the United States, “more cardiovascular fitness is connected with improved cognitive scores.” Also, it is one of the most effective ways to activate the brain.
Restriction Device Usage.
Don’t be surprised if your parents and grandparents can complete the grocery cost faster than you can! This is because they used their minds to calculate rather than machines. Today, we rely on calculators, computers, and mobile phones to complete our tasks.
Good Nourishment For Enhanced Intelligence
A nutritious and balanced diet prevents vitamin, protein, calcium, and iron deficits, impairing cognitive function. There is also a correlation between intelligence and vegetarianism. A British study indicated that persons with a higher IQ are more likely to adopt a vegetarian diet as they age.
Check More: What Is The Average IQ For A 10 Year Old?
Does IQ change With Age?
Yes, one’s IQ can fluctuate over time. Nonetheless, [IQ] tests provide remarkably consistent results, even over a year. The more mature you are, the more consistent your test score will be. IQ levels are highly volatile during childhood, particularly adolescence.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. Is 125 IQ good for a 12-year-old?
Ans. More than a 116 is considered above normal. A score of 130 or above is indicative of a high IQ.
2. What’s the average IQ for 11-year-olds?
Ans. Between 30 and 80
3. What was Albert Einstein’s IQ at 12?
Ans. Einstein never took a conventional IQ test, but it is thought that he had the same score as Stephen Hawking, 160.
4. What is the average 6th grader’s IQ?
Ans. If you get or surpass a score of 80, your sixth-grade math IQ is high. Below 80 and above 50 indicates average, while below 50 indicates low.